Real Estate and Land Use Litigation
Parks, Chesin & Walbert attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced in real estate-related disputes, including zoning matters, landlord-tenant disputes, lawsuits between purchasers and sellers of real estate, and trespass and nuisance claims. Specific cases include:
- Obtained a preliminary injunction prohibiting a lender from completing a non-judicial foreclosure based upon alleged defaults under a promissory note.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction preventing a landowner from erecting an obstruction on its property that would interfere with the ingress and egress to our client’s adjoining property.
- Convinced a Fulton County jury that Fulton County was selectively enforcing its erosion control ordinances against a large developer of single-family detached residences.
- Convinced a superior court judge that a developer’s preliminary permit was void, which precluded development of sixteen homes on two lots within an established in town neighborhood.
- Convinced a Henry County Superior Court judge that the City of Hampton’s moratorium on the issuance of building permits was unconstitutional.
- Convinced the seller of a home to repurchase the home after the buyer discovered black mold within the walls.